More about this item
Set during the Vietnam War, an American soldier is ordered by the army to journey up the Mekong River and find an American general that has gone rogue and is ruling over his territory like a warlord. Placed on a boat with a small group of other young soldiers, the soldier must deal with the various problems of the Vietnam, before facing down the ultimate face of evil, and having to decide whether he wants to kill the deranged General like he is supposed to, or whether the General's ideas are less crazy than the Army's.
• Apocalypse Now - The 1979 Cut and Apocalypse Now Redux are presented for the first time in Hi-Def!
• New 1080p transfers supervised by Francis Ford Coppola - first time ever in original theatrical aspect ratio (2.35:1) in home entertainment release!
• New "A Converation with Martin Sheen" interview by Francis Ford Coppola
• New "An Interview with John Milius" by Francis Ford Coppola
• Never-before-included Complete 2001 Cannes Film Festival: Francis Ford Coppola interview by Roger Ebert
• Audio Commentary by Francis Ford Coppola
• Monkey Sampan "lost scene"
• Additional Scenes
• "Destruction of the Kurtz Compound" - with audio commentary by Francis Ford Coppola
• "Heart of Darkness" - 1938 Mercury Theatre audio recording with Orson Welles
• "The Hollow Men" - video of Marlon Brando reading T.S. Eliot's poem
• "The Birth of 5.1 Sound" featurette
• "Ghost Helicopter Flyover" sound effects demonstration
• "A Million Feet of Film: The Editing of Apocalypse Now" featurette
• "The Music of Apocalypse Now" featurette
• "The Synthesizer Soundtrack" article by Bob Moog
• "Heard Any Good Movies Lately? The Sound Design of Apocalypse Now" featurette
• "The Final Mix" featurette
• "Apocalypse Then and Now" featurette
• "PBR Streetgang" interviews with the boat crew actors
• "The Color Palette of Apocalypse Now" featurette